Monday, 28 April 2008

Monday, Monday,...

The start of another week and it looks like it will be a good one. This morning I sat down and worked my way through one of my "to do" lists, and amazingly ticked off everything by the end of the morning. Part of the list involved making my quilt labels. So I have done them. They're not as neat as I would have liked but the pen was pants!

Just after midday a loud russtling alerted me to a package being dropped through the letter box. And inside was some more delicious fabric by Heather Bailey that I got from etsy . I just love the colours although I don't know what to use it for yet. Will add it to the stash.

Tomorrow I'm off to meet the lovely lucy locket and hopefully charlie p .I'm very excited. We are going to hit the wonderful ringarosie and then head off for coffee and cake. I can't wait to meet my fellow crafters in person.

Thought I'd leave you with a few pictures of previous projects that I have done with the kids in my sewing group. The first 2 are "Ugly Doll" projects, they had to design then make their own doll. It was fantastic and we ended up with 14 completely different dolls. I'll add them to flicker sometime.

The third picture is of magic web pictures. Don't you remember everyone doing these in the 70's?

4 comments:

pink-petal-designs said...

i like you quilt labels! Have fun tomorrow, looking forward to hearing all about your day.
Sarah x

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Your label is gorgeous and that new fabric is beautiful - I have stash envy!!!!

Those little dolls made by the children in your sewing group are brilliant - they are obviously very clever (or else they have a really good teacher!)

Can't wait to meet you tomorrow - I'm really excited!

Lucy x

michelle said...

I love the label. How did you make it? Is it a stamp and then a permanant marker or did you draw the angel? Very cute!

Kitsch n Zinc said...

What a lovely surprise sneak peak!! Can't imagine who it could be for ;o)

Love your new fabric, might have to go and have a little mooch over to etsy myself.

How cute are those Ugly Dolls?!

Hope you have a great day today I'm not at all green......much.