Tuesday, 22 April 2008

More Postie Love


This morning a parcel popped through my door. The postman is learning not to knock anymore, but stuff through and run. I've obviously been over zealous in the past !!!
Anyway, the little package contained the little quilt from Katy that I won on her favourite bird blog. It also had some scrummy fabric that I wasn't expecting. Thank you so much Katy, the bird quilt is beautifully made and will be going on my quilt wall.
Today so far I've been working on another 2 mini quilts! I just can't stop now. I've also started 4 angels to compliment the quilts as they use up all the tiny scraps I have left. Pictures will have to wait until the swap is over as I don't want to spoil any surprises.

The lovely Laura from cupcakesforclara has allowed me to use her fatties as inspiration for the sewing group I run at school. So last night I sat with my girls and had a trial run to see where the kids may encounter problems. The end results were fantastic, I just hope the kids at school manage as well, somehow I think I'll be:-/ tearing my hair out/wishing I had 12 pairs of hands/needing to change my name as they holler Mrs. Quilty I need help for the millionth time. But you never know, I may have a group of super sewers.......I can but hope.

6 comments:

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Your mini quilt and fabric from Katy are lovely! I know what you mean about scaring the postie with over-excitement at parcels!!!!

Good luck with making those gorgeous fatties at school - rather you than me I think!

Did you get an email from me yesterday? I know that cyberspace likes eating my emails on a fairly regular basis!

Lucy x

michelle said...

Wow, I want to come be in that kids sewing class! Those fatties are wonderful! At least you have a great goal!

Katy said...

Good luck with the fatties!!! We never did anything quite as exciting in our school sewing classes!
I'm glad the parcel turned up safe and sound and you like it - phew!!!

mellyandrosie said...

How cute are those fatties???!!! Adorable and that little quilt you have recieved is just beautiful!! Lucky girl! We ran a workshop at a school teaching making monsters and I can understand your pain, even after only 1 day! Thanks for your congrats on the studio and yes, I never have to leave....sewing machine, fabric, tv and bed - perfect!!! Though I may get thirsty and hungry.....hmmm maybe I need a bar fridge and microwave too??!!

Alison Boon said...

Love the things you are making.

pink-petal-designs said...

Those fatties are cute, good luck with your sewing class!I have been doing a little sewing of my own for a certain someone, mmmmm wonder who that can be?Catch up with you later.
SARAH X