Tuesday, 13 May 2008

Coffee, Cakes and Crochet.

What a lovely day I had yesterday. lucy came over to my house for coffee (well tea) cakes and crochet and a lot of chatting. We ate some delicious cakes, lemon muffins and strawberry cream scones, mmmmmm, yummy.

Then we settled down and I had a go at teaching Lucy amigurumi stlye crochet. Very hard to do when your talking at the same time, but I think she has got the hang of it. Next time we'll have a look at decreasing and maybe a bigger project.The 4 hours passed way too quickly and poor Lucy even ended up being late getting on the metro home as we couldn't stop gassing. Ooops! So much to talk about and so little time. She'll just have to come back soon for more cakes, er I mean chat.
Can't wait to see her finished product, although I think she may be a little shy with it. I completed my little blue owl last night while watching my 3rd daughter at the ice rink. he is now sat on her desk to help her with her SAT's!!!

Yesterday also brought post from America.
Flat Maya arrived at my house on one of her adventures. She is made by Joan and is travelling the world. Anyone wanting to have a visit from flat Maya should contact Joan here and she'll post one out to you or you could contact me and I could forward her o to you after she's finished her stay here. So today I introduced Maya to my knitted babes, Flora and Fauna. They were very pleased to meet an American friend and are looking forward to showing her the local sites.
The rest of today is going to be spent completing a fix up for a friend who ripped her favourite skirt on holiday and needs some magic working on it. I hate it when something like that happens, hopefully I'll be able to return it to it's former glory.
Hope the sun is shining where you are (it isn't here!!!!)

9 comments:

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

I love your little blue owl! Snowy is nowhere near as good but I have just started on tiny brown owl using a thinner hook to bring my tension down - I even managed the magic loop this morning on only my second attempt and without swearing too!!!

I had a really lovely day yesterday and hopefully we can meet up again soon.

Lucy x

Joan said...

I love it Clare! Just looked at your post -- what yummy cakes (by the way!) and your babes are beautiful!!!! Flat Maya is going to have so much fun with them...their dresses are darling! I'm excited to hear all about her travels. Thank you for hosting her!

Best wishes,
Joan

Joan said...

p.s. now that i see your post, I'm thinking it might be better to just link to you? I have to figure out how to get the hyperlinks to work in the text...maybe i'll do one photo, a little on the story and then link to you for more details. What do you think? That might work better?

Best wishes,
Joan

Kitty said...

Awww cute owl - my daughter is doing SATs this week too! Glad you managed not to eat your cakes before photographing them ... unlike Mrs L-P ;-) x

Charlie P said...

Awww, sweet little owl :) I bet you have a whole army of them now!

pink-petal-designs said...

Those owls are soooo cute Clare ! Glad you had a nice day.
Sarah x

Suzie Sews said...

what a great time...Oh and that owl is just the cutest sweetest little poppet...sorry I have a little thing for owls and tend to gush a little vocally!!!What fun to have a fellow blogger to spend time with and to eat MUFFINS!!!!

Katy said...

I want Flora and Fauna - they are gorgeous!!!!!

Rachelmp said...

Those owls are just so cute, and lucky Lucy to get a lesson from you!