Friday, 23 May 2008

Has it been a whole week already?

My goodness has it been a whole week since I last posted? This week has just flown by and I feel as though i haven't done a thing even though I've never stopped.
The weather has been glorious at long last and I managed to catch a little sun whilst ripping up the rotted decking in the back garden and sitting outside to sort the sewing for the kids at school. And today they finished their "Fatties" project. I took the idea from the wonderful
cupcakesforclara who was kind enough to let me use her creations for inspiration. Now obviously the kids work was a far cry from her beautiful fatties, but I was very impressed with what they have produced. In total it took them 5 weeks to complete (with a tiny bit of help from the sewing fairy). I just love the fact that you can see their sweet little stitches. They have done so well and I'm very proud of them all.

Just look at the eyes on this little fella, he's got extra eyelashes.

They all managed to finish and have taken them home, where no doubt they will be used as footballs over the half term holiday! Kids!
My obsession with amigurumi is still in full flow and tonight I whipped up a nest and a couple of chicks. They look a little scary so I think I'll use felt for the beak and eyes next time. I just can't get enough of this new craft. The best part is that it's helping me use up all my little odds and ends of yarn, so eventually I will have to go and buy more, yipee.

I got this pattern from
here it's just so sweet.
Well half term is upon us now, not sure what I'm going to do with the little lovelies, just praying that the good weather stays and we can get on the beach at least once. I'm sure I'll find some time for crafting too, got to get my priorities right.

8 comments:

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Your birdies are gorgeous and I am so impressed with the sewing the children have done! I hope they don't play football with them!

Lucy x

michelle said...

I love that the sewing fairy visits! Gotta feel good about the end result, they are just darling! Have a great holiday!

Katy said...

what brilliant fatties! Clever kiddies!
I love the birdies, and I spotted some russian doll ones on your previous post - they are fabulous!

Joan said...

i love the fatties! they are tooooo cuuuttteee! :) thanks for sharing clare! and i'm jealous -- i want to get to the beach! happy weekend!

best wishes,
x joan

Kitty said...

Awww,those fatties are lovely! And the crocheting is so neat. x

Farmyard Crafts said...

Clare they look gorgeous! The kids have done so well... and good on you for helping them make some great stuff as well!! Jackson was over excited when he saw them and asked if we could go to the shops and buy one for him.... !! My standard response... yup, tomorrow!

Jen said...

How gorgeous are the fatties - I just love their faces. do you think the sewing fairy would visit to help me with some of my unfinished projects??

Sarahs Home said...

They are lovely, I cant imagine the children I work with sewing something like that. Well done.

Sarah x