Tuesday, 6 May 2008

May Bank Holiday

They greyness that was Sunday finally gave way to a lovely warm May Bank Holiday Monday. There was a definite hint of summer in the air as we headed off to wallington Hall for my youngest daughters dance display. I took my travel sickness pills, and for once they worked without leaving me spaced out, and we arrived there safe and sound.

There was a little bit of May Pole dancing accompanied by a weird and wonderful folk group.
Followed by Highland Dancing from the
Wilkinson School of Dance.
Then my little blondie took to the stage with 2 older girls to dance a traditional Northumbrian Clog dance to the Hornpipe. What a star, not a step out of place and the youngest there too. A very proud moment. Then we walked the gardens before heading back to my mams for a big roast dinner. A fantastic day all round.

9 comments:

pink-petal-designs said...

im glad you had a fun day and that the sun finally came out for your daughters dance, she looks fab!!
Sarah x
p.s parcel in the post this afternoon so fingers crossed with you tomorrow. whooooo.
S x

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

I was thinking of you all yesterday and hoping the dancing went well - so pleased to hear that it did and the skirt looks fab! Congratulations to your clever daughter! Lucy x

Charlie P said...

ARGH! Sorry Clare, I'm so behind with blog reading. You've obviously had a very busy week! Your crocheting is very impressive, I love the little owls- it is addictive, isn't it?
Your daughter looks so sweet in her clog-dancing kit, it sounds like a great day :)

michelle said...

May day seems so much more special where you are, I wish it was a bigger deal here.

Barbara/Ring-a-Rosie said...

Doesn't she look fantastic - I can't believe how grown up 'Blondie' looks! How time just flies. (Remember that big Silver Cross pram?) I'm pleased the weather turned out nice, just for you Clare. Teardrops instead of raindrops. Lovely.

Barbara x

mellyandrosie said...

Sounds like a lovely day!! I love the Maypole - how pretty! I am so glad that you joined the Fat Quarters Club too!! I am madly designing and hope you will like the projects we come up with =)

Kitty said...

Awww, bless her. Congratulations to your daughter - she looks like she's concentrating hard.

So glad I'm not the only one to make travel sickness a speciality *blush*

x

TattingChic said...

What a wonderful celebratory day. Sounds like a dream.

Rachelmp said...

Oh, Clare she looks so sweet!