Saturday, 17 May 2008

Mini Quilt Swap

WooHoo Look What Arrived Today!!!
Postie brought a parcel.......my mini quilt from
the lovely kitschy . I was desperate to rip it open but I restrained myself and went to grab my camera. Inside was the most beautifully wrapped package. Just look at that brooch on the front, I knew then that I was going to love my mini quilt.

I'd like to say that I carefully unwrapped the parcel and neatly folded the tissue paper to use again......
but I didn't,
I saw the tape on the back and then just ripped it open.
The kitchen was filled with oohs and aaaahs from my daughters as we all saw what was inside.
Here is my fabulous mini quilt, done in my favourite colours of red and black. (yes I know I'm weird but I do also love pinks too and that would have totally clashed!) I just love the detail too, it's very much in
kitschy's style and I just LOVE it. It's already hanging up in my living room. Thank you so much Kate.

In with the mini quilt was also a little package of goodies. Some fab ribbon, cute buttons and of course the gorgeous brooch.

Not only that, but Kate also sent me a little something else for knitting
Mr.P 029 some tank tops. Thanks Kate, you really didn't need to do that I was itching to make those tank tops. I love the bag especially the little tissue holder inside, it's just fantastic.

It has been so much fun taking part in
Lucy lockets mini quilt swap I can't wait for the next one now. I know lots of other people are thinking the same so a big THANK YOU to Lucy for organising the swap, we love you xxxx

Finally, a little picture of my latest crochet project. My Russian dolls.(pattern from
etsy )
I am so addicted to this amigurumi crochet lark now. I have at least 5 projects lined up in the "need to do pile".
Sadly I have a stack of other sewing things that need doing for friends before I can get on with my wish list. Well I'm sure they can wait.......
Right off to watch Britain's got talent. Enjoy your weekend.

15 comments:

Barbara/Ring-a-Rosie said...

Never mind Britains Got Talent - you've got it girl!
I love your dolls - such cute faces.
I'm off to watch Daniel craig!(remember the life sized poster) + A large glass of 'The Pink Chill'.
Discovered at the Cullercoates Co-op about 24 hours ago - now very chilled and waiting. Have a lovely weekend,
Barbara x

pink-petal-designs said...

whoooo, Clare what a lovely parcel, loving the quilt and the brooch is fab!
Your dolls look really cute!!
Sarah x

michelle said...

Beautiful crochet! You know how I love Russian dolls! And what a darling brooch and bag!

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

What a lovely quilt from Kitschy! She's done a great job considering I had to persuade her she could do it! Love your Russian dolls too - much better looking than my attempts - although mine might improve with stuffing and faces!

Lucy x

Kitty said...

That mini quilt is GORGEOUS! I love it. Your crocheting is so neat and professional - you are a clever person. x

Suzie Sews said...

Oh wow and double wow...Iam so jelous of your little crochet dolls...the quilt is super to great effect

Farmyard Crafts said...

Gorgeous! You'll have to let me know when Lucy does another one! I'd love to take part! I love your Russian Dolls! They are really cute!

Kitsch n Zinc said...

So glad you like your quilt!

I love your Russian dolls - too cute.

Kitschy x

Joan said...

ohmygosh --too cute! thanks for sharing clare! i was going to say the same thing as barbara -- you've got talent! wow! what a nice package, i felt like i was opening it up too! love the goodies, and your russian dolls are A D O R A B L E !!!!

best wishes,
joan

Rachael Rabbit said...

I think getting things in the mail is so exciting - I don't blame you for ripping open such an exciting package in haste ;-)

Jen said...

Oh I have parcel envy Clare, I'm so glad to have stumbled across your blog. It's a bit of loveliness that will be added to my favourites.

Rachelmp said...

Ohhhh, Clare, what a fantastic package! So much loveliness. Your crochet dolls are really sweet too

Charlie P said...

Ooh, you lucky thing- that is a beautiful quilt. It's good to hear you're 'hooked' (sorry) on crochet too and after seeing those cute russian dolls I can't wait to see what the next 5 projects are!

Sarahs Home said...

You mini quilt is lovely. I love the dolls you have made, I cant get crochet to go right. I am just learning to knit though so you cant have everything can you?

arah x

Ravenhill said...

these little Russian dolls you have made are sooooo cute!
~Emily