Sunday, 11 May 2008

Sun and Fog, what is with the weather?

Saturday was glorious, after doing my weekly shop I sat in the back garden and made these for a certain crochet pigeon ( here he is). I got 2 done very quickly and a third this afternoon.
Saturday afternoon I took my tribe along the road to my sisters house and we had a fab afternoon and BBQ sitting in the sun. I even managed a glass of wine and didn't fall asleep within the hour! It was like a summer afternoon......in fact I think that was the summer!
Woke up this morning to fog horns blaring out, yes the sun was blotted out by rolls of fog and despite managing to peek through for an hour this afternoon it wasn't a patch on yesterday. A hazard of living by the sea. So I settled myself down and completed 2 mini quilts made with the fabric I did my swap in. I didn't do it all today (I'm not that fast) I just finished them off. Now they can go in my bedroom.

Tomorrow Lucy is coming for coffee and I'm going to teach her to crochet. Not sure how it will go as I've only just learnt myself, but just having her round for a chat is enough to make me smile.

12 comments:

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

I've got my crochet hooks ready and some mini-quilts to bind while we chat! Can't wait to come over and see all your creations! Lucy x (I'm smiling too!!!)

Katy said...

oh my gosh - you made those??? They're fabulous!!!
Very jealous of your mini meet up with the locket - have fun!

Farmyard Crafts said...

Your mini quilts look great!! Hope you have a fun time teaching Lucy to crochet! If I lived closer I'd beg for a lesson too!! Best be off to start some housework. Yay! I LOVE housework.... NOT! Take care and hope that you are having a great day. :)
Maree.

TattingChic said...

Your quilts turned out just lovely
What a nice thing to do on a foggy day. Happy Mother's day. I made a mother's day tribute on my blog,too
Thank you for your visit the other day.

Sarahs Home said...

We had fog on Sunday and it was slightly cooler that the rest of the week. Thank you for your coments on my blog, I hope that you enjoyed your time with Lucy Locket.

Sarah x

Kitsch n Zinc said...

Ohhhhhhh myyyyyy giddy aunt!!!!!!

Well I didn't expect to see that!!! How very exciting! You really are a star Mr P will be very excited (well he would be if he had feelings....hehe)

I'm a bit excited can you tell....hehe

Beautiful quilts too!

Have fun with Mrs Locket :o)

Joan said...

how adorable! i love the mini sweaters -- i'm so impressed! they're lovely clare -- and with the mini quilts, just great! i'm partial to the hearts -- just lovely! it sounds like you had a wonderful time, thanks for sharing.

hope maya gets there soon (and safely) -- she told me she wants you to teach her how to crochet as well! :)

best wishes,
joan

Joan said...

p.s. oops! i mean, "flat maya"! :)

p.s.s. have you named your babe yet?

pink-petal-designs said...

Hi Clare, your quilts are so fab, such detail in them, i keep looking at mine!
Lovely jumpers too.
Have a great day with Lucy L.
Sarah x

Kitty said...

What lovely little Sunbonnet Sues - so cute.

Hope you and Mrs L-P have had a good day corcheting and didn't get too crotchety!

x

Summer by the sea said...

Hi Clare - Found your blog through Sarah at Pink Petal - The swaps you did for Sarah are lovely - especially the mini quilt - I love it! - Natalie x

Charlie P said...

Aww little pigeon tank tops! I love the one with "029" on, what a great idea :) Much better than 007's christmas jumper. It's also really bizarre as I very rarely see my own patterns made up!

It sounds like you and Lucy had a great time chatting and crocheting and the little ladybirds are soooooooo sweet. Please post photos of the cake!