Tuesday, 3 June 2008

Just to Tease.

Ok so I'm finding it a little hard to make time for blogging at the moment, there are so many other commitments, to work, at home and my sewing, that I am unable to blog about the things I want to and it's quite fustrating. So here's a wee catch up on some of the things that have been keeping me busy and a few pictures of things to come.





First of all this little lady begged me to make her, so how I could I resist. I got the pattern from
here and I know I'll be back to shop there as her designs are fantastic.






Then of course there is Ziggy and Boing. And soon to follow their baby brother Splat! I have started to write up the patterns and will eventually get them on my blog so you can make some of your own. I bought King Cole wool mix yarn to make them. Not usually a brand I go for as it's cheap and this often reflects in the quality. but I have to say it knitted up beautifully and is so, so soft, I may even buy it again to make something other than toys with.

And finally a sneaky peek at the mini quilt I am making for
maree who missed out on lucy lockets mini quilt swap as she didn't have a blog then. Hope this doesn't give too much away, it's just to tease!

8 comments:

pink-petal-designs said...

Hi Clare,
You make such lovely things with so much detail in them. Love the strawberry girl! Looking forward to the pattern.
Sarah x

michelle said...

YOu really make me want to learn to knit/crochet better!

Rachelmp said...

Lovely things on the go Clare!

Jen said...

Ziggy and Boing look like they would be full of mischief! Lovely but just a little bit bold………………… Can’t wait for Splat.

Joan said...

very cute clare! i chuckled when i saw the little bowl of strawberries near the little girl -- i wondered if she wanted to jump in and join them! :) ziggy and boing are too cute -- i want to make some!!! i'm also intrigued by the mini quilt - especially since i want to get into doing some crewel work! all spectacular! thanks for posting. hope all is well.

best wishes,
joan x

Kitty said...

Awww, can't wait for the softies pattern - they are so cute! Sorry I haven't been round for a while - life got a bit busy! x

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Oh too many lovely things here Clare - your little girl is gorgeous and your new monsters are so adorable! And as for those sneaky peeks - can't wait to see the whole thing!

Lucy x

Lesley said...

Thanks for the great etsy link - I've just accidentally ordered three amigurumi patterns :)

Your mini-quilt looks fab! Can't wait to see it in full.

Now off to check out your fab Ziggy pattern.....

xxxx