Monday, 16 June 2008

Too Busy To Function.

OK, so it's been a while since I blogged. The reason....I think, no thought, I'd bitten off more than I could chew, so to speak. Aside from the everyday hum drum of going to work, looking after 4 kids and trying to keep my house in reasonable order, I've had one or two, no make that four lots of swaps/gifts to make, and I was beginning to feel the pressure. ( My heart goes out to Lucy and her many mini quilts )
First up I had a swap to make for
pink petal designs kitchen swap and it's done bar a few extras which I'll get tomorrow. Sneak preview below.

Then there is the Russian doll swap with the fabulous
I'm a ginger monkey lady. This too is done bar a few treats. Another sneak peek.

Thirdly I'm doing a swap with
Maree who missed out on Lucy's mini quilt swap. Her quilt is done and I've been making a few things for her little ones as a treat. Some more peeks are the goodies.



And finally I have been knitting some clothes for
Maya as a big thank you to Joan for being such a caring and supportive friend.

All this sewing and knitting has been immensely fun but I feel worn out. So I set Flora to work on a few things. Here she is taking part in Worldwide knit in public day, raising the profile for all us young and not so young knitters.

Hopefully once I have my parcels posted out all will return to normal, whatever that is.

16 comments:

Ravenhill said...

Oh, my you are so busy! I just love the first image with the sweet fabric and beautiful embroidery. I long to see more of it!

I sent Rakel off to you bright and early this morning! I hope that she arrives in record time and that you will just love her! Thank you so much for your words of encoragement!
~Emily x

Julie said...

I love Flora, I am so excited as I have just gotten Claire Garland's Dream Toys book from the library and am going to (TRY TO) make the fairy which is just another take on the basic doll pattern. It is good to see you have her out there keeping busy...Happy day to you X

michelle said...

Such cute creation! The fabric you girls across the pond find kills me! Is russian nesting doll fabric easier to find there or are you all just better than finding it than me? I agree too, time for a breather!

Farmyard Crafts said...

Clare... you should have said something!! I thought it was super of you to suggest we do a swap... but not at the detriment of your family and how busy you are. I had no idea you were so busy... I'm busting with excitement about the little knitted peek you gave.... I'll take a stab in the dark as to who it's for....Jackson's gonna LOVE IT!!! I've just got the binding to do on your quilt and I'm done. I'm cleaning the house this morning and I'll get to sewing this afternoon or tonight.

Take care and HAVE A BREAK!

Joan said...

clare! you are so so kind! thank you and i can't wait to see what you've made, that is sooo sweet of you! but yes, please take a break! i will try to be patient, but i'm bursting with excitement! maya will be thrilled! thank you for being a caring and supportive friend.

best wishes,
joan x

Jen said...

Clare, I think I need to lay down after reading your blog! You have certainly been busy. If I could send you some spare time, I would. Take care
Jen

Alyoops said...

Oh, so adorable! I think I see an amigurumi dino in there ;)

Good luck with all your swaps! May your returns by twice as adorable as yours (if that's POSSIBLE!)

Alyssa

pink-petal-designs said...

Hi Clare, im the same so i know how you feel lol and ive just signed up for another swap for cake and tea.

Katy said...

what a great set of swaps you are doing!!!
Flora is beautiful, I wish she'd come and live at my house...maybe I'll just kidnap her...

Kitty said...

Well no wonder you felt under pressure with all that little lot going on! You've risen to the challenge though - all the sneaky peeks look fab - can't wait to see the whole thing(s).

Take care. x

Charlie P said...

Whoa! You really have been busy. Can't wait to have a full peek at everything. I never cease to be amazed at how neat your work is either.
Now sit down and have a nice cup of tea- you deserve it after all that working,mothering,sewing,knitting and crocheting :)

Dyan said...

Everything looks so sweet and pretty. I'm sure the receipients will love them. After so much crafting and creating a break is definately in order!
Dy

Penny said...

Hi Clare,
I cannot wait!!! The sneak peek you gave is so darling, I'm in love already!!!! All your creations just look lovely, what a treasure you are! Your family must be just amazing as well, and very supportive of your creative endeavors. Such a blessing...

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Golly you are busy aren't you? I know how you are feeling though because I seem to be drowning under my to-do list at the moment! All your creations look adorable though - can't wait to see the full sized pics! Lucy x

Suzie Sews said...

what a busy bunny you have been, I love all the sneaky peeks...your teasing us!!!

Rachelmp said...

Your peeks look great Clare! I'm still at the drawing stage with the russian doll swap, and have just signed up for the cupcakes and tea.. I can't wait to see your finished projects x Rachel