Assorted colours of DK yarn, you can use up your end of balls here.
3mm needles (they give a firm and close knit)
Small piece of felt for eyes
2 buttons for eyes
Instructions. (make 2)
I made stripes of varying widths on Ziggy's body. The graph pattern for mine is below, but play around with the stripes to get a look that suits you. I also knitted in some beads just for fun.
- Cast on 30 stitches in your favourite method. (I use the thumb method)
- Work in stocking stitch for 8 rows.
- Cast on 7 stitches at the beginning of the next 2 rows. 44stitches
- Work in stocking stitch for 36 rows.
- Decrease 1 stitch at either end of next and following 2 alternate rows. 38 stitches.
- Decrease 1 stitch at either end of next and the following 3 rows 30 stitches.
- Purl 1 row
- Knit 10, cast off 10, knit 10. You will now work on these 10 stitches to do first ear.
- Work 6 rows in stocking stitch
- Dec 1 stitch at either end of next 3 rows 4 stitches.
- Cast off.
- Rejoin yarn to second ear and complete to match first.
To make up. The base is shaped to form a "paper bag bottom".With right sides together join the cast on edges at the base. Join side seams and across the top and ears leaving a small gap for turning right side out. Match the side seam to the base seam and sew the small edge closed This forms the paper bag bottom.
Turn right side out and stuff firmly.
Sew opening closed.
Add eyes and any other detail you want.
Boing Pattern in next blog.