Wednesday, 30 July 2008

All is quiet.

Well the girls have gone off camping with their dad and it's all very quiet here.
I spent yesterday gutting their bedroom as it looked like a bomb had gone off in it. It is now beautifully clean and tidy. I'm going to sort through their clothes this morning and get rid of things they have never worn, best done when they aren't here. I may even go through their toy boxes and selectively remove the odd thing their too.

This afternoon I am going to indulge in a little sewing. I bought some new patterns yesterday from here and I'm going to have a go at making these. A guinea pig and some cute prim dolls.
It feels like an age since I've sat and done sewing just for fun so I'm really looking forward to it. I really need to get my fabric stash sorted too so this will be a good opportunity to get it all out and weed some of my least favourite pieces out.
I am going to take the plunge and open an etsy store in the very near future, woohoo, the only thing I'm scared about is sorting out the postage, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon. I'll do a whole post when I'm ready to go, it's still in the design and planning stage.
The sun is shining here so I think I'm going to have my breakfast in the back garden.
Hope you all have a good day.

7 comments:

michelle said...

I have been doing the same thing while my kids are at summer school! Love your new patterns sounds like a fun day you have planned. And yeah for a quilty/etsy store!

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

The girls' bedroom looks fab - I still can't believe how tidy they keep it - I don't reckon it was ever messy!!!! Unlike every room in this house!

Cute patterns too.

Lucy x

Kitty said...

That bedroom could be out of a book - it's so pretty. I look forward to seeing your sewing, and thanks for the link - I fancy having a go at those dolls myself.

Have fun! x

Penny said...

Your daughter's bedroom is so cute and bright!!! Thanks for the link to the guinea pig pattern. I have to tell you she has one made up named Penny the guinea(me) and a pattern for Lenny the guinea (my husband's name)! What a cute surprise!

Bit of Whimsy said...

Thank you for featuring my patterns! Wow! What a nice surprise. Have fun sewing.

Love that girly room! Is it wrong that I am jealous? ;)

Farmyard Crafts said...

Hope you're having fun!! Great patterns. My husband can come talk to you when he wants to know where I've just found some MORE patterns! (just got a few from there right now! Thanks Clare!!)

Joan, the INFJ said...

love the three girlies clare! it's so good to be "back" and reading your blog again! congratulations on the award -- you deserve it! your blog is wonderful and i can't wait to see your etsy store!

all best,
joan x