Friday, 25 July 2008

Awards

Well before I pop off to work and then go to the beach with Lucy and mini Lockets this afternoon I need to post about 2 awards I have recently been given.
The first came from
pink-petal-designs and I just have to add it to my side bar, that's it! Thank you for the award Sarah.
The next award came from
Jenny at happystash and there are a few rules to go with it.

1. The winner can put the logo on their blog.

2. Link to the person you received your award from.

3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.

4. Put links of those blogs on yours.

5. Leave a message on the blogs you’ve nominated.

6. Write an acceptance speech in the style of the Academy Awards, thanking every body’s mother, father, sister, brother, aunties and uncles and the kitchen staff at your favorite restaurant!
Ok so the seven people I want to nominate are, in no particular order:-
1 Sarah at pink-petal-designs because she makes the most beautiful things and was a great swap partner.
2 lucy locket as she is a great friend and the Queen of blogging (and no you don't have to pass the award on or make anything for anyone, just accept it gracefully)
3 Penny at sew take a hike for being a great partner in the kitchen goodies swap.
4 Michelle from ginghamworld she's the one who inspired me to start blogging, I love reading her daily posts.
5 Charlie at The pigeon loft for always being able to make me laugh and for making the most adorable pigeons.
6 Emily of ravenhill I just adore her Matryoshka dolls
7 Kitschy of kitsch-n-zinc for making me the most beautiful mini quilt.
Few that's them all listed.
As for an acceptance speech well, I just want to thank everyone who takes the time to read my ramblings, I didn't think I had anything worth reading but there you go. I'd like to thank everyone who's blogs I visit for inspiration and sometimes a good laugh, you all help me keep off the medication!! Lastly I'd like to thank my dear Gran for passing on her love of handmade items and taking the time to show me how to do all manner of things. Love you, miss you x
Ok I think that's just about it. I will post comments to my award victims tonight and add them to my bloggy friends if I haven't already.
Off to work now.

7 comments:

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Thank you very much Clare! I accept most gracefully!!! Looking forward to the beach this afternoon - just hope the sun finds its way through the cloud! Might have to pop into Barbara's too for a bit of wool-therapy!

Lucy x

Kitty said...

Congratulations on your awards Clare - very much deserved! x

michelle said...

Oh, I am so tickled to think I contributed to your wanting to blog! It really is the best therapy for crafty little souls like us isn't it? Congrats on your award too, your blog is just so fun and I love to visit!

Penny said...

Congratulations on your awards Clare! It has been so fun "meeting" you through your blog and our swap. Thank-you so much for passing the award on to me!

Ravenhill said...

What lovely awards you have been given and greatly deserve. Hearty congrulations! Thank you for passing it on to me too! Keep up the wonderful blogging work!
~Emily

Lesley said...

Congratulations on your well deserved awards Clare :)

Have just been over to Lockets and your beach afternoon looks fab!

xxx

Janette said...

love your blog! Thanks for the giggle with your intro of Mr P.!!!!!