Friday, 18 July 2008

Drum Roll Please.....

I have got a job!!!! a real, on the payroll, proper job!!
As you can tell I am a little excited. As of September I will be working 15 hours a week in my local school as a Learning Support Assistant enabling a small boy with severe learning difficulties to stay in mainstream school. It may only last till Christmas and the pay isn't great but I am so delighted to have all my hard work and studies finally rewarded. I am really looking forward to getting my teeth stuck into this challenging roll and hope it will be very rewarding. This will mean I have a bit of spare cash for crafting supplies but less time to craft, however I'm sure I will find a way.

And on a crafting note, my Kitchen goods swap has finally arrived in America (it took weeks even though I paid more for faster delivery) This is what I sent to Penny :- a handmade half apron, a picnic cutlery roll with embroidered napkins, a tea cup and tea, a recipe book with some of my favourite recipes written in and a few pieces of fabric. I think it was well received and a big thank you to Sarah for organising it. (photo below nabbed from Penny's blog, it looks way better than my photo!)What else, well I've done a little knitting and little shopping. This tea cosy is from a Martin Storey pattern and it was super easy to knit, all it needs is a pompom on the top and it's done.

The postman (my poor, poor, postman) brought some books. First of all Debbie Abraham's Beaded knits which I've already dipped into and had a go at making a phone cosy. I can't believe how easy it is to knit in beads, I should have learnt years ago it's so clever. The next is the newest Tilda book, so many projects in there I want to make. I still prefer the first book, but this one does not disappoint. I also got a Rowan knitting book and have a list made of the things I want to make. (I can see my pay isn't going to go very far!) Then the first project from The Fat Quarters 2008 Club arrived. I am very excited about this and want to make it this weekend......well very soon anyway. I just love Rosalie Quinlan's Designs and the colours are right up my street.

And finally my first born daughter turned 16 on Wednesday. Where does the time go? How can she have reached this age without me noticing. Happy Birthday Fran, thank you for being the best daughter any mum could wish for.

11 comments:

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

FANTASTIC!!!!!! What brilliant news! I just hope it doesn't cramp your crafting too much - those new books and projects look gorgeous!

Happy Birthday to Fran too!

Lucy x

Lesley said...

Great news about your job!! You will really appreciate having your very own money for buying all that fabric!
Take it from me, once you've settled into the job you will find the time for crafting again.

Happy Birthday to your lovely girl :)

xxx

Penny said...

Clare,
Congratulations!!! You're going to be such a blessing to the child you're helping!
I love your tea cozy, the colors you used are so cute together!
Penny
p.s. you're package was worth every bit the wait I had to endure! Thank-you again!

Penny said...

p.p.s. Happy happy birthday to your Fran!

Julie said...

HI there from NZ... Congratulations on your job, sounds like a very rewarding position! I love your tea cosy, makes me want to run out and buy a tea pot so i can make one too...
Happy birthday to your daughter, I loved being 16, seems like soooooo long ago now, probably because it was of course!!!! x

Alyoops said...

Congratulations!

pink-petal-designs said...

Congrats !! well done you Clare, im so pleased for you !! I LOVE the tea cosy !!
Sarah x

Kitty said...

So pleased to hear your news - congratulations! I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

As for all the other stuff - so much loveliness going on in your crafty times.

Finally, a belated happy birthday to your Fran.

x

Joan, the INFJ said...

CONGRATULATIONS Clare! That is wonderful news! Yeah!!!! :) Good for you, I am so happy for you!

Sorry I have been a little MIA...hope all is well, and I love the posts, especially the tea cozy!

Happy Birthday and Congratulations to your girls and to you for being a wonderful and caring mom!

Best wishes,
Joan x

Sarahs Home said...

Congratulations on the job !!!! I work as a LSA so apprecie that the money is not that good, however every penny counts towards crafty heaven (AKA shopping for craft supplies..hehehe)Well done.

Sarah x

Rachael Rabbit said...

I love love love your tea cosy. Congrats on the new job!