Thursday, 10 July 2008

Wet Thursday

Today I feel as though I have had a little rain cloud over my head. Every time I set foot outside the house I got soaked and as soon as I went in the rain stopped!! So much for British Summertime, send me to a sunny place any day.

There is still no crafty news in the Quilty house at the moment, too many other things going on and of course a daughter to keep company. I have some projects in mind but I'm just longing for the schools to break up before I indulge. But look Alyoops has had a go at making my Ziggy pattern and I rather like the way she has done it, very different from the original but very appealing. It's lovely to see someone else's version.
Daughter no.3 did very well in her skating competition at the weekend, managing to come 4th which I think is fab for her first time. The downside was we had to get up at 4.30am as her level skated at 5.30am so I spent the rest of the day feeling like a zombie and on Monday I felt as though I had a huge hangover ,even though I don't drink, just because I was dog tired. It's taken all week to feel human again. Glad it's all over for a few months, now I just have to think about making a new costume for next time.... a girl can't wear the same outfit twice you know.

7 comments:

Penny said...

Hi Clare,
congrats to your daughter, great job!!!
~Penny
p.s. I'm checking the mailbox daily for your swap, I'll post pics as soon as I receive it. The anticipation is mounting.....

Katy said...

congrats on the fab skating news!!! She looks beautiful too!!! Must take after her mam, eh? ;)

Lesley said...

Glad to see you got the sequins sewn on!! Conragtulations to your lovely daughter for doing o well :)

xxx

Kitty said...

Oh wow - well done to your daughter. That's brilliant!

4.30am though? Oh God, it makes me feel ill just thinking about it!

x

Julie said...

Well done to your duaghter, who looks gorgeous in her costume by the way. I can't believe that they actually make them skate at 5.30am!!!!!!

Suzie Sews said...

well done thats a great outfit to...Oh my your playing Hero on your blog....that album was playing when my second child was born...Oh Memories quick get the tissues....

pink-petal-designs said...

well done to your daughter, you must be oooo proud, she looks lovely.
Sarah x
ps im fed up of the rain too.
x