Wednesday, 13 August 2008

Gee Up horse!

Finally I have finished.
So I'd like to introduce you to..
Archie The Mustang.
I made him from this book .
Isn't he just adorable? I'm really pleased with the way he has turned out and am tempted to have a go at another one now.
The saddle is made from felt and hand sewn. I think I'll add a strap to keep in on and maybe make a bridle too.
The blanket is made up of crochet granny squares and of course I had to use my favourite colours of the moment.
Even the riding gear has those colours in. (I wanted to do them in brown but didn't have any)
I think my knitted babes are going to love their new addition. Think I'll make a rough and ready cowboy too so they can have some real fun!!!

12 comments:

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Oh Clare he is FAB!!!!

Love his blanket and things too!

I'm seriously impressed having seen him at the random jumble of limbs and body parts stage!

Lucy x

trashalou said...

That is one very smart hoss! Having read your comment on Locket's post today - may i suggest errr.. no, I don't think he really needs amending!

michelle said...

Oh, my goodness he is so wonderful! I love his knobby knees! I bought some fabric those colors yesterday and thought of you! It is that blue with strawberries, gonna have to make a doll out of it, hope she turns out as cute as your horse!

Julie said...

Wow the horse looks great, I am now totally inspired to give the unicorn a go. Better finish my other hundred projects first!!!! X

Lesley said...

Oh, he's gorgeous Clare!! I love his knobbly knees and his saddle is fab!

Can't wait to see the knitted cowboy :)

xxx

Farmyard Crafts said...

Clare... he's AMAZING! What an awesome job you've done! Jackson saw the pictures and came running... Mummy... I want one of those!!!!!! So I let him down gently and told him that the horsie lives a very very long way away... but we can still look at the pictures!

Suzie Sews said...

fabulous!!!

Alexis said...

Archie is spectacular!

Jodie said...

he is totally awesome - totally !!!!

Jen said...

He's FANTASTIC! Just too cute for words. Very clever Claire!

silverpebble said...

He's fantastic - his knobbly knees are his best attribute! Loving the accessories too! He looks a bit forlorn though - definitely needs a cowboy to keep him company.

Rachael Rabbit said...

He is wonderful!!!! I love his knobbly knees! I do agree that perhaps he needs a cowboy ;-)