Monday, 4 August 2008

Last Day of Freedom

Well the kids return home tomorrow and my peace will be shattered :(
I have missed them, but probably for all the wrong reasons.
I've missed the incessant bickering they all do,
no.2 singing out of tune at the top of her voice over everyone else's noise,
no.4 constantly clog dancing around the house
no.3 with her "eeww I don't like that at" every meal time

Yes I've missed them and am looking forward to seeing them again, but hope they've left some of those traits in the Lake district!! Somehow I doubt it.

As a final treat, no.1 daughter and I went to see Mamma Mia last night.
It was fantastic, I didn't want it to finish. I think it would be great to go with a big group of girlfriends and sing and dance along, it was very hard not to do so. Oh and Pierce Brosnan is just scrummy, even if he's a bit old for me and he can't sing. I'm going back to see it again later this week with all my girls. If you haven't see it yet you really have to go, even if your not a huge Abba fan it's just so funny and makes you feel good.
Also yesterday I did a bit of crafting, but as the camera is camping I have no photos. I made Lenny the Guinea pig from here . The patterns are very easy to use with super diagrams, so go buy yourself a couple and have some fun.

I've almost got my Etsy store front sorted it's here if you want to have a peek. Now I just need to work on my stock. I'm quite scared to be honest, sounds silly, but I worry about copyright issues even though everything is my own design and I worry about value for money and other things too, but if I don't give it a go I'll never know will I? So hopefully in the next month I should have my first items in their.

One final picture (no I'm not going to embarrass my sister again, hee, hee) A lady on Ravelry has been knitting up my Bunny Boo rabbit pattern and just look what she has produced.
A whole basket full of them. I was delighted to know that she loves the pattern and has given a rabbit to all her friends. Think I might get some of them in my store!!

7 comments:

Farmyard Crafts said...

Hee hee.... one fluffy bunny... two fluffy bunny... was hoping for a mouth stuffed full of marshmallows!!

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

I'm so glad you liked Mamma Mia - I thought you would! We took the whole family to see it on Saturday and then bought the soundtrack so of course they have been fighting over who gets to play it in their bedroom so I had to confiscate it!

Hope to see you soon, Lucy xxx

michelle said...

I really want to see that movie! I heard Pierce was sort of mis-cast. Oh, well! Good luck with newly returned girls! Loving the new store, good luck! It is easier than you think, was for me anyway. Can hardly wait to see what you put in there!

mellyandrosie said...

enjoy your kiddies being home!!!! I cant wait to see that movie but just have not found the time as yet and love your "the fat Quarters" angel!!! Hope you wil like next months project too!!! =)

Joan, the INFJ said...

beautiful! i love the basket of wonderfully colored bunnies! i want to make some now too...if i start now i might have a basket like that by easter!!!! thank you for sharing your talents and wisdom with us clare! you're awesome!

best wishes,
joan x

kate5kiwis said...

hey, just popped in from julie's at "dreaming of daisies". i'm in NZ too. love your crafty buzz over here, and *whispers* i've been to mamma mia THREE TIMES!
once with two girfriends... it turned out that we all felt a sudden affinity with the three old ducks (donna, rosie and tanya) and hooted and sang our way thru the movie. the next week i dragged hubby along (who, about half way thru, whispered to me not to sing quite so loud cos peeps had paid to hear the actresses, not me lol) and last week i went with a whole group of girls (including my gorgy daughter) and we DRESSED UP!
fun fun fun.
rather a long intro, am off in search of your sewing bits.
mwah X

Aglaya said...

I see knitted bunnies all the time LOL
OMG... I just realized how many bunnies I've already made... It's 14. And not all of my friends have bunnies... Only some of them do... Now we've reached the scary part of it all... What if the rest of them want a bunny boo too? I'll be knitting those bunnies till the end of my days ;)

Thank you for the pattern once again and for your lovely emails as well!