Tuesday, 5 August 2008

Not long now.......

.....'till my girlies return, with mountains of wet, dirty, stinking washing. I think I'll herd them straight into the bathroom to be fumigated and go stock up on washing powder this morning. I can't wait to see them though, it has been strangely quiet all week.

Yesterday no.1 daughter and I had a very quiet day. We did a bit of shopping, popped into town to buy some toy filling and spent a couple of hours at the allotment. The day ended with pizza, ice cream and a movie. A great end to our week. I finished knitting my horse (you'll have to wait for photo's) he just needs sewing up, stuffing and accessorising now.

I also signed up for a new Block of the Month quilt from Buttonberry . (see picture below) I just can't resist those colours, they make me feel really happy and I can't wait to have it in my hands and get started.

And that's it for this morning. Will report on the holiday once the chaos of their return has subsided.

4 comments:

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

I hope the girls have had a lovely time and aren't too grubby! Love that quilt and those colours! Will you get the fabrics with the BOM? Lucy x

michelle said...

That quilt is so yummy! Good luck with the girls, at least it sounds like you are ready for them!

Lesley said...

Good luck with the laundry!! It'll be worth it to have your lovely girls back :)

I love that quilt - fab colours and design! Ditto Lucy's questions!

xxx

Jen said...

The Quilt is gorgeous. You deserve it after all that laundry! I love camping, but gee I'm not a fan of the post camping laundry!