Sunday, 10 August 2008

Swaps Down Under.

Well finally I can post pictures of the swap I sent to Maree at Farmyard Crafts . I had taken pictures but they seem to have vanished so I've borrowed Maree's (I'm sure she wont mind)
Firstly the mini quilt with a butterfly catcher on it.
Then for her kids I made a bucket from a pattern I've had for years and a crochet doll (from here)
I enjoyed making all these goodies and think they have been a big hit down under too.
Yesterday I took all my girlies to see Mamma Mia (yes second viewing for me and just as good). They loved it and we all sang along throughout, as did most of the audience which was fantastic. Strangely enough the little old lady I was sat next to fell asleep in the adverts before the film and quietly snored her way through most of the film!! Bless.
Today I have nothing planned. There is a kite festival down on the sea front so we may head there. As long as the sun shines I'll be happy. Enjoy whatever you are all doing.

8 comments:

On my Verandah. said...

Hi Clare have popped on over to HI on your blog...Gorgeous Girls you have there,love your knitting on your sidebar.
Good to see you are in some Aussie stuff too.
take care & will pop back again soon.
cheers
maree

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Your swap gifts are amazing! I'm not surprised they were well received down under!!! But what's happening Clare? It's sunny! And it's summer! Surely those two things don't go together???? Lucy xxx

michelle said...

Such cute items! I hope you are going to put those darling dolls and buckets in your shop!I have never seen a bucket pattern like that, it is adorable! Have a fun day!

kate5kiwis said...

ooo you did make it to Mamma Mia for the second time!!!
woot woot. didya dress up?
i loved Rosie so much the second time around, gosh she is fabulous!
she reminds me of my friend Deb.
did the girls love it too?
mwah X

wonderwoman said...

your quilt is lovely as are the othe gifts, no wonder they loved them!
isn't mama mia great, am not an abba fan but the film is definitely uplifting and sooo funny.

Lesley said...

I love all the goodies you made for your swap. Those little buckets and dolls are such a lovely gift :)

I'm still waiting see Mamma Mia! I know!! Unbelievable!

xxx

Katy said...

those are fabulous swap goodies -who wouldn't be over the moon with those?!!!!

Olivia Claudia said...

Hi, really like it, fun and cute!