Saturday, 6 September 2008

It's been a while..

I know, it's been some time since I blogged, not quite sure how it happened. Just lost the need for a while I guess.
Holidays are over and just in the nick of time too as the kids were a little fed up of each other. All back at school now, eldest to 6th form, no.2 to High School and year 9 (we have a 3 tier school system here) no.3 in year 7 and youngest in year 4, top of the school. They all seem older and bigger, funny how a new uniform can make them grow a few inches.
I too started my new job on Tuesday. Everything is up in the air, I don't know exactly when I'm working or what I'm going to be doing, it's all " let's see how it goes". I've already put in more hours than I'm contracted for, but that's because I love it. I just love being with the kids and listening to them, and getting to know them. The little boy I work with is delightful and I'm sure we are going to make big progress in the coming months.
Of course new job means less time for crafting. This week I've been in bed asleep by 9pm, so I haven't even picked up a needle. Hopefully that will change as things settle down.
I did however manage to finish the cowboy last week. So now Archie is no longer alone as he has Beau to keep him company. And what a handsome cowboy he is too!

11 comments:

Farmyard Crafts said...

Your girls are gorgeous, Clare! Hope that school is going well for them again. Nice to hear from you too. :) Your cowboy is ultra cute! Well done! Glad that the new job is going well too.

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

That's such a lovely photo of the girls - the Lockets all say hi to them!

And Beau is fabulous - can we have a photo of him riding his mustang?

Lucy x

Penny said...

Hi Clare, love the cowboy and your family looks so sweet in that photo! It really sounds like you enjoy your work and what a blessing you must be!

silverpebble said...

That's a great photo of your girls - your eldest looks so grown up!

Beau is very handsome as you say - a lady could get lost in those eyes!

michelle said...

I wondered where you had gone too! But you gotta spend time with kidlets when they are around! They all look so sharp in their new clothes. Hope they have a great time! Oh, and the cowboy is adorable.

Charlie P said...

Aww, they all looks so smart and happy! Glad to hear you're enjoying your new job even if it is exhausting :)

Beau is great - I'm very impressed with the hat!

Lesley said...

Lovely photo of your girls there Clare. They all look very smart and grown up :)

Beau is great!! I can't wait to see him and Archie together!

xxx

Janette said...

Your girls are lovely. Love the pics of the castles, would love to visit some one day. Nothing like that here in Australia.

Suzie Sews said...

missing you...how is the job going? Hope you and your babes are all well...

Jen said...

I love Beau, he's a great looking cowboy!

Jodie said...

Your cowboy looks great - with those piercing blue eyes.