Thursday, 9 October 2008

Has it really been a month....

...since I last blogged? How did September go so fast?
Well the new job is still great, but very time consuming. I'm in school more hours than I had anticipated and when I'm at home I'm making resources and writing up notes, but the main thing is I am enjoying it.

The down side is that everything else has taken a back seat. However I have still manged to fit in a little bit of crafting.

On my needles I have a pair of socks for one of my girls. One down one to go. I've even sat in the staff room at lunch time knitting which got a few strange looks but do I care? NO

I joined Buttonberry BOM, Janelle Winds Bluebirds, and the first block arrived last month. Some how I have found time to do it! Then I reread the instructions and realised I had completed the centre of the flowers in the wrong colours. Well, I was a little cross with myself, but there is no way I am unpicking it, so they are staying as they are. It is going to be a really pretty quilt, with all my favourite colours.

I have also managed to finish the second month from The Fat Quarters Christmas club. The Fat Quarters Bag is lovely and there is no way I am giving it away as a pressie. But I may make more later on.
So somehow I am getting the balance of work/home/craft sorted out without even realising it. Well I guess my need to craft is inbuilt and cannot be ignored.

Should have some more knitted things to show next time as I have started a jumper and cardie for my youngest two. Might have to take them into work too.

13 comments:

Kitty said...

I've missed you Clare! It's lovely to see you and know that the job is going well. You're still making lovely things!

Take care. x

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Oh how wonderful to have you back!!! I thought we'd lost you to the world of work! Glad to hear you have still been managing some crafting. Lucy xxx

michelle said...

Glad you are back! Especially love that beautiful quilt square!

Rachael Rabbit said...

I'm with you 100% about how fast time goes - I can't believe how much crafting you have squeezed in - you must be busy busy none stop!

Farmyard Crafts said...

I'm impressed that you've finished block one already!!! I only got mine on Monday - it's nearly stitched... I think I just have half of the red stitching to finish off, the bluebird and the border as well. No one would even know about the centres Clare! I only know - cause I'm doing it! Hope that life settles down a bit for you and that you get some more "you" time. :)

Penny said...

Hi Clare! So good to hear you are enjoying your job! Your quilt block is so beautiful! I can't wait to see it all together at some point!

Farmyard Crafts said...

Hey.... how do you do your bluebird and border bits?? I sewed interfacing on it and then turned it in the right way and then stitched it on.... cheaters way I know... but it's a bit puffy. Do you do yours like that or turn the edge under like you're supposed to?? Is yours totally flat with the backing fabric?!

Jodie said...

That quilt block looks beautiful.

Katy said...

phew, she's back!

That centre block is amazing. WOW!

Lesley said...

So good to see you back Clare! It's not easy to get the craf/work balance right but you certainly seem to have it sussed!!

I bet it's not long before you have a lunchtime knitting club going at work too :)

xxx

karen said...

Hiya
I Just wanted to say thankyou for shring your zigy and boing knitting patterns with us they are so cute and easy to make. I have knitted up a ziggy for my son and just put a photo of him on my blog if you would like to go take a look. I'm sure there will be a boing to join him some time soon.
Thanks
karen

karen said...

Just to say thankyou for your kind comment on my blog it's much appreciated and I'd love it if you want to add me to you fav's.

Thanks

Farmyard Crafts said...

Hey Clare! It's been another month since you blogged again! Life must be busy for you!! Hope that you'll be able to take a bit of a break once Christmas gets here. Hope that you're doing well. :) Think of you often.