Tuesday, 11 November 2008

Eeek....

Where is the time going? Can it really be November?
I haven't been around for a number of reasons. We had Ofsed inspection at school before half term, so it was all hands on deck to put on a good show. This meant working late and all weekend before hand (for free) put it paid off and we did well. I'm now working full time, having been offered extra hours, and the home/work juggling act is becoming harder. The time I have at home is spent with my kids, catching up on housework and preparing resources for work. I do however still manage to fit in a little "me" time for crafting, usually in the early morning as I seem to be waking up at 4am, otherwise known as "Silly 'O Clock".
So without further delay here follows a few pictures of my recent crafts.
I bought this lovely pattern book last month and have started 2 projects for the girls already. It's a great little book and I would recommend it to anyone.

The blue is for my youngest, the red for 3rd daughter.

These mitts are going to Christmas pressies for close friends, I have 3 more pairs to make!
The second part in my Bluebirds BOM stitchery from Buttonberry.

The last 2 projects from The Fat Quarters Club. Bonzer is a lovely koala, I've yet to make his mate Beaut. And the needlecase is this months project which I whipped up this weekend.
So as you can see I am still cramming every spare moment with crafts, work will not take over!!

11 comments:

Katy said...

blimey - you've been BUSY!!!! I don't know where to start?! Everything is fantastic (as always!)

Sloane's Creations said...

Oh my! As is you are not busy enough all your "me" time is spent making gifts for others! (I do that too)
I love the little koala bear. I would like to learn to sew.

Maree said...

Your Bluebirds looks AWESOME! I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. I think I may have signed up with a very busy running late lady!

TattingChic said...

These are fabulous homemade gifts!

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

I'm very impressed!!!! You may be super busy with work (which is great if they are now paying you full time too!) but you are also creating amazing things! I love the koala bear!

Lucy x

michelle said...

I was just thinking today I hadn't seen anything from you in forever! I am so glad you posted so I know you are still alive! Sounds like you are making all the hours of the day work for you, don't forget sleep! Darling creations as always. So glad all is well!

Rachael Rabbit said...

That Sublime pattern book looks amazing ....

Rachelmp said...

Your sewing looks fantastic! I'm glad you have had a bit of sewing time too

Ravenhill said...

OH! What a lovely lot of projects you have been working on! I love them all!
~Emily in Norway

Moogsmum said...

Wow - you've been so busy with all that lovely crafting - how do you find the time to work full-time too?!!

Great to 'see' you again and keep enjoying that special me-time :-)

xxx

Kitty said...

Hi Claire - I was thinking about you today, so I thought I'd just drop in and say 'I was thinking about you today'. Hope you and the girls are all well. Take care. xxx