Tuesday, 21 April 2009

Easter 2009

Easter has been and gone. Two whole weeks of home time, bliss.
So what's been happening in the Quilty household? Well of course there was the egg decorating competition held at my parents house.
My entry.....a P-egguin.
There has been a little bit of Hex crochet going on thanks to the fabulous tutorial over at attic24. I love this pattern and have already used up 16 balls of yarn!!!!
I have also completed my swallowtail-shawl. I loved knitting this and it only took 2 weeks, can you believe it? I have another one on the needles now in shades of pink.
I also whipped up this delicious bag in a weekend (kemp ) using Noro yarn, it looks like it has been felted but it's just the way the yarn comes out. It was so quick to do. I've lined it and will be using it over the summer.
Monday was back to work so the crafting will take a back seat for the next few weeks :(
However, I'm counting the days untill the summer holidays when I can knit and sew for 7 whole weeks..........can't wait.

6 comments:

Kitty said...

Your pegguin is gorgeous Clare, but not quite as gorgeous as that bag - isn't it wonderful? The shawl just bamboozles me, I so admire those of you who can knit like that.

As for the crochet - I'm really, really going to try to learn properly!

x

michelle said...

Such wonderful things you have been creating!

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Gorgeous creations as always Clare! One of my friends was trying to persuade me yesterday that I could do a swallowtail shawl - I think they must be joking! It looks far too complicated!

Lucy x

Farmyard Crafts said...

Loving your penguin! Your knitting and crocheting is beautiful!! If only you weren't the other side of the world... I'd be booking in for lessons! :)

annemarie said...

Oh such beautiful projects - love the hexagons - they make such a pretty afghan!

TattingChic said...

You have been busy! That knitted lace shawl is a pretty pattern! Love the P-egguin! How cute! Of course it won, LOL! :)