Sunday, 2 August 2009

Here come the girls.....

At the end of the first week of school holidays the girls decided they wanted to make something. So they had a good rummage through my pattern draw and then we set to work.

First there was fabric to choose. Ooh so much to choose from. Of course they wanted to use my brand new fabrics not the old stuff under the bed. And well I don't blame them. My fabric stash has changed so much over the years, the colours I loved 5 years or more ago just don't do it for me anymore. So I have a HUGE box under the bed full of fabric I no longer like. They wanted to use the Bubblegum basics (see examples here) and the Timeless Treasures Apple fabric, so I took a deep breath and said yes!
We then proceeded to trace, cut and sew our dolls in a conveyor belt fashion. One traced as one cut as one sewed then they all swapped. I could have done with another sewing machine, but my old one is at my mams.Never mind. The older girls managed to do it all by themselves but the youngest 2 needed a little overseeing. By Lunchtime, we had all made a start with various bits stitched and stuffed.

By tea time it was nearly over. A lovely pile of dolly bits were on the floor. This activity had kept them occupied all day! And they were nagging me to make a start on the clothes before I went to bed. This time I put my foot down and said No! it would have to wait until tomorrow.

So there they sat all night, waiting to be put together.

The following day we had a picnic at the park planned so I took the assorted body parts with me and stitched them together while the girls played. By the end or our outing all 5 girls were put together and 4 over excited daughters wanted to go home to make clothes immediately.
So home we went.
And here they are. Ta daa. Five ever so slightly different dolly girls. One dressed and the others still being measured to new outfits.
A big thank you to Jodie for this wonderful pattern.
We have all enjoyed making your Kinder Girls and know there will be more to follow in the near future.


The next holiday installment.....what 3 of the dolls got up to on holiday.....
and what the other 2 did at home.
to be continued.......................

9 comments:

Katy said...

they're gorgeous!!!! Your girls have excellent taste too!

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Well done to the girls! Their dolls are fantastic! And reflect each of them quite clearly!!! I love littlest one's sticky up bunches!!!

Lucy x

TattingChic said...

Fabulous! They've done a lovely job!

Farmyard Crafts said...

Your girls are beautiful!! Well done! You've inspired me to get in and make some now!!

michelle said...

They are darling! Love their hair, and I know how hard hair is!

Joan, the INFJ said...

These are soooo cute! Well done! I want some! :)

Jodie said...

Heya, did you tell me who you were when you ordered this pattern??? I think not!! The girls look great. Email me and I will forward you a little something for them.... I believe they need P.J's !!!

silverpebble said...

Oh these are wonderful! A whole gaggle of them! Do show us the PJs Jodie sends

Emma
x

Veronica said...

I Love Love Love this dolls, I'm from Argentina, kisses: Vero.