Saturday, 9 August 2014

A look back at 2014 so far.

Another year id flying by and still I have no time to blog.
Time to make amends and have a quick update on the goings on in my life.
Sewing Club is still as popular as ever and my teaching skills have been creeping into the regular school curriculum too.
A whole village of toadstools were created by 14 of my students. They learnt new stitches like backstitch, chain stitch, lazy daisy and French knots. 
Easter saw 30 children making chick finger puppets. Even more exciting as we'd had chicks hatching in school and they were all in love with those chooks.
Summer term I was teaching art to year 3. We were looking at the sea, artists who paint the sea, still life shell pictures and creating textile art using paint, dye, weaving and sewing. It was a very busy term but so enjoyable. The above pictures are just a few samples of the textile art my 60 children created. (yes 60!)
And here is part of the display showing off their work.
The final sewing club group made bird hangers using a pattern by Jodie from "Ric Rac".
They loved every minute learning how to sew on buttons and make their own yarn pompoms.
And here are the mini monsters I made for my support group as an end of term gift.
My eldest daughter graduated in July and we had a lovely celebration afternoon (it was her 22nd birthday too) only slightly spoilt by the massive downpour that prevented us getting the photos we wanted. Hard to believe this baby girl is all grown up now.
Summer holidays are in full swing here which involves much crafting and baking, afternoons in the back garden and the occasional bit of decluttering. This is only to make room for new craft resources, well you can never have too much of a good thing.

No comments: