Sunday, 8 May 2016

Scrawlrbox.

ScrawlrBox-complete

Scrawlrbox is another monthly subscription box I have been trying out. 
The website states that it's a " mystery box of premium art supplies every month. Inspiring artists of all levels and abilities, with a monthly selection of creative tools and inspiration."
 Each month you receive between 8 and 11 art materials and an art challenge to inspire you. You also receive a piece of art work from a chosen artist usually postcard sized or slightly larger.
This months box was Manga themed. I was extremely impressed with the quality and contents of this box. The picture below shows how the package arrived.
 Inside there was a card giving details of contents, from top of box down:-
  • Art work by Mina Petrovic
  • 4 Graphmaster Duel Tip Marker pen. Alcohol based twin tipped markers with a fine and broad tip. Quick drying  and water permanent. 3 shades of cool grey and a black. 
  • Graphmaster Duel Tip Marker Pen colourless blender to mix tones and blend the shades together.
  • Sakura Pigma Blush Pen. The pen had a fine brush nib that can draw very fine lines or broad strokes.A non bleeding ink that is waterproof, fade resistant and quick drying.
  • Sakura Gelly Roll (white) Archival quality, will not fade or smudge, perfect for adding highlights to work.
  • KohI-I-Noor 10H Graphite pencil.
  • Graphmaster Permanent Liner (set of 3) Alcohol based water resistant black permanent liners. 0.4 0.6 1.0 tips.
  • 3 sheets of white paper.
I have been impressed with each box I have received but this one has been the best so far. All the materials work so well together and are of a high quality. The only item I find hard to get to grips with is the 10H pencil as I prefer softer pencils.
The challenge was Manga Yourself and the leaflet provides links to tutorials on drawing Manga. I've never tried it before so had a little go. Certainly more practice required but enjoyed my first attempt.
Manga challenge
( Disclaimer - I bought this box with my own money and the views expressed are my own. The description of the products is taken from the leaflet . )

No comments: