Friday, 26 August 2016

Craft Club Box


This is the most recent subscription box I have bought.
I saw the advert on a social media site and thought I'd give it a go. 
For just £13 a month (inc p&p) you get enough fabric bits and pieces to make at least one project. The price also includes access to an e-magazine which takes you through the project in detail and offers additional ideas in using all the goodies inside the box.
I decided to give it a go as, even though I am experienced in sewing, I seem to have lost a little of my mojo and I'm hoping this will spur me on to start sewing again.
So what was inside the box?
Well first off the box was small, small enough to fit through my letterbox which is a brilliant idea, no need to wait in for the postman.
This months kit is to make either a bear or a bunny. They weren't able to send enough stuffing to make both but it will be easy enough to do it at home.
So, inside the box was:-
  • 30x40cm natural linen
  • 20x25cm light pink cotton fabric
  • 15x15cm wool felt in white and candy pink
  • toy stuffing
  • black embroidery thread
  • 1m of 3mm lilac ribbon
  • 1m think pink elastic
  • 1m white ric rac
These are the materials needed to make the project. More than enough, so I will probably be able to make both softies just adding my own stuffing.
Also inside the box was a number of extras so you customise your creation and the e-magazine had plenty of suggestions. These are the extras:-
  • A fat quarter of pink cloud fabric
  • 1m pink printed ribbon
  • 1m padded heart trim - very pretty
  • 1m pink bias binding
  • 1 rabbit button
  • 1 bear button
There were lots of clear photographs for inspiration and links to sites offering free patterns . They suggested making clothes, pillows and bedding for your softie. I need time to follow the links and decide what I will make.

I feel the box is good value for money and I am looking forward to giving it a go. I have already printed out the pattern, so that's a good sign I think.
For more information look here.

I'll leave you with a picture of the mermaid I created with the Little Box of Crochet kit.

(Disclaimer. I bought this subscription box with my own money and all views and opinions expressed are my own. )

No comments: